Tuesday 13 January 2009

Raw

Another cold morning, wet and raw but brighter than recent days. I think I prefer bright cold weather to milder grey days. I spent the morning clearing boxes in the garage. lots of boxes of books and art work materials, amazing the stuff we just collect. Every now and then I looked down the valley to the Radnor hills, the western edge of the Radnor Forest. The light changed every time I looked, from clear light on what looked like frost or light snow to a thicker red light and then a soft obscuring cloud. The sunlight on the woods above the house - not on the house for another seven weeks - changed too, a reddish golden light suddenly turning clearer and more silvery. Good views from the garage of a fold in the hills, a small cwm above the valley road, now thickly planted with larch.

No comments: